Adjunct Professor (UTS), Director (HillPDA)
PhD (Candidate) M.Urban& Regional Planning (Hons) (USYD) BSc (USYD), Cert. UK Planning Law & Practice MPIA, MRTPI, MAICD, JPSarah Hill is a an Adjunct Professor at the University of Technology Sydney in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building as well as a Director of Hill PDA, Australia’s leading firm of land economists, property valuers and planners. Sarah specialises in providing strategic advice to local and State Government to bridges the divide between land economics and planning.
Previously Sarah worked as a Principal Planner in London where she developed and led the London Borough of Hackney (LBH) Major Projects Development Assessment Team. While working for the LBH Sarah created a new planning authority known as the London Olympic and Paralympic Joint Planning Authority that successfully assessed the planning application for the London 2012 Olympic Games and its Legacy. In turn, Sarah acted as lead consultant for the London Olympic Delivery Authority on planning, design and environmental matters.
Sarah is the immediate past President of the NSW Division of the Planning Institute of Australia and a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Sarah is presently appointed as:
- The Land Economics and Planning Advisor to the Parramatta Road Precinct Review Panel for UrbanGrowth NSW (panel to sit from March to April 2015);
- Chair of the UTS Dean’s Advisory Board;
- Member of the University of Sydney Planning Research Centre;
- Member of the Planning Institute of Australia NSW Divisional Committee and Executive Committee;
- Director of the NSW Building Professionals Board (BPB); and
- Member of the BPB Accreditation and Judiciary Committees.
- The independent chair of the Industry Advisory Panel (Minister appointed role) to assess the market, economic and planning implications of the Redfern Waterloo Built Environment Plan 2;
- A State appointed negotiator and advisor for UrbanGrowth NSW;
- A member of the NSW Affordable Housing Taskforce (Minister appointed role);
- A Specialist advisor to the Sydney Metropolitan Development Authority (SMDA);
- An advisor to the NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure (as it was known) on matters relating to NSW planning reform;
- An independent panel member of the DP&E E planning Steering Committee, funding review panel and metropolitan open space grant funding panel;
- The Independent member of the NSW Panel for the grant allocations in relation to the National Rental Affordability Scheme (Housing NSW);
- Member of the PIA NSW Division Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Committee;
- The planning expert on the NSW Minister for Justice’s Break and Enter Working Group; and
- A member of the NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure Culture Change Working Group.